(Chloe wears our Lotus & Cashmere Meditation Shawl, available to pre-order online from early July)
Rituals, Life Lessons and The World of Pilates
The Thread Tales community is made up of a diverse group of incredibly inspiring women, be them customers, friends, partners or family. This week Thread Tales is in conversation with Chloe Pilates, on rituals, life lessons and the world of Pilates.
Chloe is an independent, West Oxfordshire based, STOTT Certified, Pilates teacher. She currently teaches dynamic group classes at Soho Farmhouse but also teaches privately. We captured Chloe in some key pieces from our Ancestral Wellness Collection, available to pre-order online from mid July.
In the interview below we share Chloe’s positivity and rituals for leading a healthy lifestyle.
(Chloe wears our Tie Dye Meditation Blanket Wrap & Eye Mask, available to pre-order mid July for delivery late August)
1. Can you give us an introduction to your world and tell us how Chloe Pilates came about?
I have been passionate about fitness for a large part of my life, enjoying all kinds of sport from long distance running to lacrosse and tennis. Having previously thought Pilates a little static and limited, I was encouraged to try a class to build my core strength after injuring my back. I was quickly won over by the benefits of the classes and have been a dedicated devotee of all types of Pilates ever since.
I took my Pilates to the next level and began teaching as I felt that I wanted to offer the benefits of what I’d learnt to others whilst also enhancing my own understanding and technique. Pilates has certainly enriched my life and I’m sure that there are lots of people out there who will soon be saying the same!
2. How has Pilates enriched your life?
In so many ways! Pilates has helped me really understand my body and how it moves and works. It’s not only given me better body and mind awareness but also improved my strength, my posture and helped with past injuries. It’s helped me keep fit during 2 pregnancies and recover from them very quickly. And most importantly it’s given me a job that I am incredibly passionate about.
(Chloe wears our Lotus & Cashmere Meditation Shawl, available to pre-order mid July for delivery late August)
3.What are your top six daily rituals?
- Waking up early to meditate
- At least 30 mins of Pilates
- Making fresh Celery juice every morning
- Walk my dog
- Drink lots of water
- Stretch every evening before bed
4. What’s your advice on living a healthy lifestyle?
- Try and live in the present moment
- Be aware of your thoughts and behaviour
- Everything in moderation – restriction is so restricting!
- Eat organic (where possible) wholefoods and cook meals from scratch
- Move your body everyday
5. What are you reading, watching, listening to?
- I’m not reading anything at the moment. Every time I try and read in bed I fall asleep!
- I love listening to Deliciously Ella’s podcast
- We are watching a very touching, sweet, funny series called the Detectorists and its brilliant!
6. Favourite food for natural cleansing?
Celery juice and homegrown veggie stews with lots of herbs and spices in!
7. What's the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Live every day as though it’s your last and SMILE!
*Find out more about Chloe's Services through her website www.chloespilates.com